Join the SWIFT team and help make a real difference in the lives of the residents, farms and business in southwest Ontario, Caledon and Niagara Region. #broadbandforeveryone
CEO – Chief Executive Officer
Ultra-high speed broadband for everyone.
The SouthWestern Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) Network is a forward-looking, financially sustainable plan to help the region connect, compete and keep pace in a digital world by building a holistic, ultra-high-speed fibre optic network across the region. Spearheaded by community and businesses leaders across Southwestern Ontario, Caledon, and Niagara Region, SWIFT will build an ultra-high-speed fibre optic regional broadband network for everyone. Phase 1 of the project will invest nearly $300 million in modern broadband infrastructure that will connect over more than 3.5 million people across more than 305 communities across an area nine times the size of Prince Edward Island.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the key management leader of SWIFT. A successful CEO will possess a progressive track record of success in a leadership role within a multi stakeholder organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for overseeing a multifaceted team dedicated to the delivery of the SWIFT Network. Working in a virtual office environment and able to travel throughout Southwestern Ontario as necessary, the CEO’s key duties include administration and project management, financial oversight, marketing, and stakeholder outreach..
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in all core competency areas
- Experience/exposure with large technically complex projects
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong strategic thinking skills and the ability to convey a vision of SWIFT’s strategic future to staff, board, members and sponsors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong political and industry acuity
- Valid Driver’s license.
For detailed information regarding this position download the Job Profile
Resumes will only be accepted electronically via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Closing Date: Friday, August 4, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
SWIFT is an equal opportunity employer and we believe inclusion enables innovation. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process and individual accommodation plans are prepared for employees who need them.