Learn more about becoming a member & help us build #broadbandforeveryone…
SWIFT provides the initial subsidy to support service providers build critical infrastructure.
Members receive the benefit of:
- SWIFT’s significant procurement expertise
- Aggregated demand
- Negotiated rates
- Support in preparing RFPs for broadband services.
SWIFT supports members with:
- Standards based approach to infrastructure investment
- Advice on service level agreements and ensuring core standards are met.
SWIFT employs a team of a skilled and experienced community and consumer advocates. Being a member means your voice is heard.
Regardless of the size of your community, where you’re located, or what sector
you represent, our membership rates are based on the principle of equal access.
Rates are based on number of sites your organization commits to the SWIFT network:
- 1 site = $250 annual fee
- 2-10 sites = $500 annual fee
- 10-25 sites = $1000 annual fee
- 25-50 sites = $1500 annual fee
- 50-100 sites = $2000 annual fee
- Over 100 sites = $2500 annual fee
What will SWIFT fund?
SWIFT is a future-oriented plan to build an ubiquitous, open access fibre optic network from Orillia to Windsor including Niagara and Caledon. It will be built, owned and operated by telecom providers, with subsidies and oversight by a Board of Directors with significant public sector representation.
The network will create:
- Increased provider competition
- Better service, lower rates
- Better access for students, families, farms, residents and business
- More globally competitive region
SWIFT will only fund fibre-optic infrastructure. The network will support Fibre to the Node (FTTN), Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC), Fibre to the Building (FTTB), and Fibre to the Home (FTTH).
Fibre is the only solution that is scalable to not only meet today’s needs, but to meet infinitely increasing future demands. Fibre is also the only solution that will help support intermediate solutions for 5G LTE and other mobile solutions that complete the broadband connectivity solution for our region.