Are you a motivated self-starter who is tired of the commute, comfortable working at a home office and have a strong telecom background with proven success in designing network solutions for enterprise and service provider environments? SWIFT is looking for you!
Who we are?
SWIFT is a non-profit regional broadband project initiated by the Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus to subsidize the construction of an open-access, high-speed broadband network in Southwestern Ontario, Caledon and the Niagara Region.
The project’s approach strives towards the overarching goals of narrowing the digital divide and making small-town Ontario more competitive in the information economy.
As a member of our SWIFT team, you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative environment and will be the primary technical resource for the project.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Minimum 10-years technical experience in the telecommunications industry with a proven track record of successfully designing and implementing large-scale networks
- Proven success designing network solutions for enterprise and service provider environments
- Experience interacting with Tier-1 telecommunications service providers
- Considerable exposure to service provider hardware platforms, architectures, and design methodologies (including Outside Plant)
- In-depth knowledge of fibre-based telecommunications networks
- Solid understanding of wireless-based telecommunications networks
- General knowledge of various broadband network standards
- Proficiency and proven ability in architecting service provider solutions for residential broadband and enterprise service delivery
- Demonstrated experience producing network designs and functional requirements
- Must have a passion for technology and providing effective solutions for customers
For detailed information regarding this position, download the job profile.
Closing Date: July 10, 2019 4:00 PM